Imperial is a theme with no specific focus. Itâ€™s not sure if it wants to be a personal blog, or house an online magazine. Itâ€™s not even sure if itâ€™s black or white, for that matter!
Version 1.2 released 09/21/09
* Updated Theme Settings panel to include a description under each option.
* Fixed margins on post thumbnails for Internet Explorer.
* Fixed a style bug where a couple of dark images were being displayed in the comments area of the light scheme.
* Added text above the comment form if there are no comments on the post.
* Increased height of header-top.jpg images to make them 4x taller to allow for large logos.
* 2 full colour schemes â€“ dark and light.
* User specified â€œaccentâ€ colour can be chosen from a colour picker in WP-Admin for easy customization.
* Flexible photo area supports an image of any height. No need to resize, as the overflow is hidden automatically.
* Dynamic image resizing for post thumbnails used through-out the theme.
* Custom built theme settings panel within WP-Admin that allows you to customize the theme without editing any templates.
* Flexible logo space allows images up to 900px wide and any height. Image path and dimensions are entered in WP-Admin.
* Easily link to social networks you take part in, with support for 28 of the most popular sites.
* Both sidebars are widgetized.
* Custom widgets for the 3 main ad spots (4 125Ã—125 buttons, 300Ã—250 bigbox, 160Ã—600 skyscraper). 728Ã—90 leaderboard and 468Ã—60 banner also supported.
* Super lean markup and CSS , makes advanced customization a pleasure.
* Tested on Windows and Mac â€“ IE6 -8, Firefox 2 & 3, and Safari 3 & 4. Some details are toned down for older versions of IE, but nothing is broken.
* Support for Twitter Tools, FlickrRSS, WP-PageNavi, and Subscribe to Comments plugins out of the box.
* Original PSD included!
* Imperial uses Tim McDanielsâ€™ TimThumb script for resizing the images used in the featured posts sections and in archive listings.TimThumb requires the GD library, which is available on any host sever with PHP 4 .3+ installed.